The European School of Urology (ESU) and the EAU Section of Urological Imaging (ESUI) offer intensive Hands-on Training courses. We will provide training using simulators.
Aims and objectives of this session
At the end of the course, the participants understand the advantages, handling, and limitations of MRI Ultrasound fusion biopsies.
MRI is increasingly used in patients undergoing prostate biopsies. Different MRI Ultrasound fusion devices allow integrating the MRI information into the daily clinical workflow.
The course will provide an overview on MRI reading, technical basics, and different prostate biopsy approaches. Technical considerations, the transrectal or transperineal approach will be critically reviewed and discussed. During the second half of the course, the participants are able to try out 5 different Fusion biopsy machines in small groups, changing every 10 min.
Urologists, interested in the diagnostic ability of MRI use for transrectal and perineal prostate biopsies
Friday 17 November
11.00 – 13.00
14.00 – 16.00
Aims and objectives
This course will provide interactive teaching from expert Faculty in prostate MRI interpretation and help Urologists to understand the role MRI plays in the management of patients with prostate cancer.
- To understand how to use OSIRIX image viewer or a PACS reader
- How to display a patient’s scans
- How to split windows and pull up 4 images at once
- How to measure distances
- To understand the basic concepts/principles behind different MRI sequences
- T2-weighted imaging
- To understand how to use the Likert scoring system to score MRIs
- To understand briefly what features would lead to different Likert scores
- To understand how to use the PIRADSv2 scoring system to score MRIs
- To understand the difference between Likert and PIRADs scoring
- To understand briefly what features would lead to different PIRADsv2 scores
- To understand which order to view the different sequences in when interpreting prostate MRI
- To understand how to use the scoring proforma to score a prostate MRI
- To understand what are the standards for a prostate MRI and what quality criteria need to be fulfilled.
Assessment: Hand-on baseline assessment of MRI interpretation Part 1 using OSIRIX software on Macs or PACS reader:
- To be able to use Macs and OSIRIX software or a PACS reader to look through prostate MRI
- To be able to identify the different sequences on prostate MRI
- To practice scoring prostate MRI
- To understand the important reporting features of prostate MRI
Lecture: Tips and Tricks for difficult areas in prostate MRI and limitations of prostate MRI
- To understand areas of difficulty in the prostate when assessing prostate MRI
- To be able to differentiate between normal and abnormal tissue in these difficult areas
EAU members and Non-members
€40 excl. 21% VAT
EAU Junior Members, EAU Medical Student Members, Non-member residents, medical students, PhD researcher, nurses
€26 excl. 21% VAT
Both courses draw high attendance and have limited space available. So those interested are advised to register on time. You can register for these HoT courses when you register online for ESUI17 or send an email to our Registrations Department. The ESU course will be added to your registration as an entitlement.